Hello......I'm back, as promised, but just beginning to realise how much time this blogging malarkey takes up. I sat so long yesterday looking at other's blogs that I didn't have time to do my own.
Anyway, now I have a spare few minutes so I've made a list of the materials and work involved in the wedding stationery from Saturdays post...........
45 x A3 White hammered card
416 x A4 White hammered card
135 x A3 Aubergine pearlised card
165 x A4 Pearl paper
200 x White hammered envelopes
25 mtrs of Satin edged organza ribbon
20 rolls (red) strong double-sider tape
18 glue tape rollers
10 packs of gems
1 set of printer ink
1 archival inkpad
1 set of snowflake stamps (bought years ago and never used)
1 set of square Grand Nestabilities
1 set classic square Nestabilities
1 (deceased and returned ) Grand Calibur
My new, fab, beasty Bigshot Pro. (love, love, love it!)
90 x 75p stamps (they had to go as large letter, and I hate 2nd class stamps), including 11 for overseas invites.
Each topper of aubergine and white, on every unit, was first cut with the Grand Nestabilities, and then embossed, and wait for it.......... a total of 1,808 cuts and 1,808 embosses! I started off using a brand new Grand Calibur, which only lasted ONE week, then finished off on my replacement machine which is a Bigshot Pro..........
I have not counted up how much it all cost me, simply because I don't care.....doing this project for my son Nick and his fantastic new wife Emma was a 'labour of love' and worth every penny! And, no doubt I'll do it all again when my other son, Adam, decides to get married :) (hope it's not for a while yet though!)
I'm now in the middle of a set of wedding stuff for my great-niece but it's a very simple design and so, so much easier :)
Well, that's it for today, and I promise no more wedding talk.......(for a while anyway)
I'll be back tomorrow with some new cards.... until then,happy crafting x