My lovely followers x

Sunday 29 April 2012

The original......

Morning all, are you keeping dry??
We've just braved the rain to do a 'recce' on a local indoor boot sale, as I'm thinking of selling some craft stuff next week.   We were pleasantly surprised to see the carpark full, and loads of people rushing to the doors........once inside we had the warmest welcome (and a handshake) from the guy on the door, then he handed us a leaflet (very puzzling).  However.....we were in the wrong place, and just about to get dragged into a Baptist Church meeting....yikes! 
No offence to anyone, but that wasn't on our list of 'to-do's' today :)....Hey ho!
Anyway home again for coffee and a gorgeous scone,  and before we get on with housework, thought I show you one of the original cards I made for Nick and Emma, when they got engaged in 2010.  This one was for my bro and sis-in-law to give them.    (If you missed seeing their 'Wedding Stationery', please scroll down to one of the very first posts I made xx)
It was such a simple, but effective card.

Doesn't it look so different in the pale shade, as opposed to the vibrant red and white one on the post below?
What do you think.?....would love your comments.
Might be back later, have a good Sunday, whatever the weather xx

19 comments:

  1. Wow you have really out shone my white on white cards with this x Such a superb card xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done hundreds of white on white, Leah, they're my favourites x

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful, it's all about the texture - very luxurious x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the embossing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sweetie... i prefare your white & red card.... but this one is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card great embossing! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the red and white one, but this one is almost as nice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love the embossed areas but I love the red and white one too. Decisions, Decisions.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, looks so delicate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, this one is genteel, the other is racy. Hard to choose between them xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creation, Barbara. Love that it is soft and elegant.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks very delicate Barb, its nice but i prefer the red one

    Di x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tut tut you could have had a lovely experience in a different church, just think about what you missed...

    Love the card..maybe one day you might honour us all with a full blown tutorial...shove that on your list to do please :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful card. I really like the way you tackle the white on white cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful I love the different texture panels. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful Barbara I love wow xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it white on white really works xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are right, it looks so different, but it is just as beautiful in its own way. With an all white card the textures and layers become more important to the composition of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was one of the first white on white cards I'd ever seen - still love it! x

    ReplyDelete